|A family at a recent AGD exhibition.|
There is our dedicated website here -
|You have seen this photo before, it shows the entrance to the Chapel in which AGD will be set up. I want to put lights out here, in the November darkness, to welcome you all in.|
|The exhibition space in the Unitarian Chapel in the Garden in Bridport. Lizzie and I being thrilled in the Summer with it. Still thrilled in the Winter (thank goodness)|
- Friday 1 November 10am Exhibition Opens. Exhibition free, donations accepted.
- 11am stalls open. Cards, CDs, earrings, Graceful Gifts memorial items, books, gifts.
- Teas, coffees, cakes and buns available up in the exhibition area. Donations accepted.
- 7pm - 10pm Friday, Open Event. I will introduce AGD and speak a bit about working with the dying through art and what effect it has on them and me. There will be readings of some wonderful poetry from the exhibition, and best of all - a piano concert by AGD Composer Lizzie Hornby.
- Saturday 2 November 10 am exhibition opens. Teas, coffees, cakes, goodies upstairs. Stalls open too.
- 10am - 11am Laughter Therapy Workshop with Mandy Preece. Mandy is a practicing Soul Midwife teacher and practitioner. Mandy is an experienced, gentle, much loved and in demand Soul Midwife. £5.00 on the door.
- 2pm - 3pm What is Soul Midwifery by Felicity Warner. Felicity is the founder of the Soul Midwife movement, and lives locally near Bridport. I trained with Felicity a few years ago, and have not looked back since. Felicity is inspiring. Felicity has worked tirelessly to help change the culture of how we let people die, and is a kind, sweet hearted and gentle soul who will not take no for an answer. She is an author too. £5.00 on the door
- 3.30 - 4.30 Harp music played in the exhibition space by Jane Saunders, musician and Sound Therapist. Jane is a wonderful funny kind and talented musician, and brought her ukulele to my house recently to play some reggae songs. Of course it was barking, but fun. Tea and cakes will be on sale and you can rest amongst the artworks with Jane playing her harp to soothe and charm you.
- Sunday 3 November exhibition opens at 10am
- 11am - 12pm Service in the Unitarian Chapel, led by Unitarian Minister Lizzie Hornby, and a bit by me. I am delighted to be able to take part with Lizzie, and hope I keep up with her.
- Bring and share lunch for all, time to chat, to meet, chat, chill and to see the exhibition with a sandwich in your hand. The exhibition is held just behind the chapel itself, up the stairs.
- 2pm - 3pm Sound workshop and sound bath by Soul Midwife and Sound Therapist Sarah Weller, up in the exhibition space. Everything provided, just turn up and be amazed. Sarah is wowing everyone with her Sound Baths! We love Sarah, she works a lot with AGD, and also takes her gongs and bowls to all places for all people all the time. Sarah is also a Soul Midwife.
- 4pm the exhibition closes.
|Gentle much missed John Horne, part of the AGD exhibition. It is his daughter and granddaughters that are looking at the painting at the beginning of this blog.|